f variety is the spice of life, then 2012's redesigned Canadian Open Enduro is Crankworx' garam masala. A blend of four Whistler trails, the rally-style mash-up of DH and XCshow more riding creates a flavoursome event that rewards the generalist over the specialist. With two stages set in the Whistler Mountain Bike Park, one on Blackcomb, and one in the Lost Lake trails, the tour is a showcase of flow, where racers must choose one bike to serve for all legs, ride without any outside assistance, and link up stages within a specific time allocation. All four stages are timed. A feature stop on the North American Enduro Tour, this 5-hour event has just 45 minutes on the clock, and is a test of endurance and versatility and all-round mastery.
$60 Amateur | $70 Pro
Registration includes free Top of the World tickets valid August 10-11. Special $10 Top of the World tickets available at Guest Relations for registered competitors until August 9. (Must also have a valid Whistler Bike Park lift ticket / season pass).
Format & Rules
• Course length – 4 downhill sections (approximately 5 - 25 minutes per section)
• Climbs – approximately 10-40 minutes – not timed
• Bike restriction – marking to ensure same bike for whole event
• Helmets – mandatory full face for all race stages
• Seeding – based primarily on the 2011 Canadian Open resultsshow less